Passengers transferring to PRD & Macao Ports must:
Transfer to PRD & Macao ports on the same day upon arrival at HKIA
• Possess the following items:
1. An air ticket/ e-ticket/ boardingpass stub
2. A valid ferry ticket
3. A valid passport and, if applicable,a visa for intended destination(China/ Macao)
Passengers transferring at HKIA from PRD & Macao Ports should have:
• A valid passport and visa for the destination
• A valid ferry ticket
• A valid air ticket with a confirmed seat reservation for same-day departure
1. Passengers should check if the airline provides check-in service atSkyPier. (More information is available at HKIA website)
2. Passengers with e-tickets must present e-ticket receipts upon registration at upstream ports.
3. Staff air tickets are not accepted.
Check-in at PRD & Macao Ports
With the introduction of upstream check-in service, passengers can obtain boarding passes and check in baggage at PRD & Macao ports. For details, please contact airlines or ferry operators.
Minimum Connection Time
• Transit passengers travelling from PRD & Macao ports should arrive at SkyPier with sufficient connection time before flight departure for check-in. The Minimum Connection
Time for the majority of airlines is 110 minutes, and 120 minutes for other airlines.
The Minimum Connection Time for passengers who have checked in at upstream ports is shorter. Minimum Connection Time for the majority of airlines providing upstream check-in service is 80 minutes, and 90 minutes for other airlines.
Passengers transferring to PRD & Macao Ports with checked baggage should arrive at the Ferries to Mainland/Macao Ticketing Counter 60 minutes before scheduled ferry departure time for document check and purchase of ferry tickets.
Passengers transferring to the PRD & Macao Ports with hand baggage only should arrive at the Ferries to Mainland/Macao Ticketing Counter 30 minutes before scheduled ferry departure time for document check and purchase of ferry tickets.
The size and weight of hand and checked baggage have to follow the regulations set by the airlines. Excess baggage will be charged. For details, please contact your airline or the Ferry Operators.
Refund of Advance Payment of Air Passenger Departure Tax
Passengers from PRD & Macao Ports transferring at HKIA with advance payment of Air Passenger Departure Tax may obtain same-day Refund Coupon at the check-in counters of SkyPier or PRD & Macao Ports, andclaim the cash refund at SkyPier Refund Counter.
• Eligible passengers with Refund Coupons can contact their airlines if they are not able to collect the refund at SkyPier Refund Counter on the same day of travel.
• Eligible passengers without Refund Coupons should apply for refund through the Civil Aviation Department (CAD) of Hong Kong SAR Government. Application forms and details are available at the CAD website, www.cad.gov.hk.
( more information please click HERE)